If you’re the same as most residents, you are looking for your property to be secure 24/7. but, will a home security system work in Davenport?
The simple answer: you bet. But you have to pick the most robust components and services to get the most from your system. Not only can the sensors and alarms give excellent peace-of-mind, the advanced components give a level of convenience and management you could not have thought about previously. By getting home automation, security cameras, and access through a phone app, you can create a safe home that’s centered around your daily rythms.
Let's stop for a second to learn why a home security system is a good recommendation for your house.
Necessary Security Needs
In order to make sure your Davenport home security system works to the best of its ability, you’ll want these necessary home security features:
- Door and window sensors: You might find this unusual, but plenty of burglars break into your home by your front door. The other two most recurrent points of entry are backyard doors and lower-level windows. For these stats, door and window sensors are designated the foundation of your security system. When the system is live and your sensors are triggered, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will sound and your round-the-clock monitoring agents will be notified.
- Touchscreen central hub: Gone are the hard-to-work code pads, as modern touch screens now manage your system. These touch screens will also direct your automation, home security cameras, and 24 monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The best security system let you manage every part of your house through a smartphone app. Now if a sensor or alarm senses something unusual, you have the option to receive a pop-up alert to your mobile device. Also, arm and disarm your alarms anywhere, set smart locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Security signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a small, blue yard sign or a window sticker, these will alert a would-be thief that your property is secure.
But Does A Home Security System Decrease Your Chance Of A Intrusion?
While it may appear like pearl-clutching to install sensors and download an app on a smartphone when you have locks and live in a secure neighborhood, studies support the notion that home security systems will help protect your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University sees that most thieves will actively avoid properties with a home security system installed. They will then look to hit a better mark that looks unprotected.
That correlated with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized properties do not have a home security. In other words, unprotected homes are 300% more likely to be vandalized than properties that are protected. And while displaying that your house has a system helps discourage forceful entry, other items -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your home undesirable to burglars.
Of course, ADT home security can do much more than sound an siren. Nowadays you can use some other services that make a security system energy efficient and safe.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is The Best Backup Plan
Does a alarm system work in Davenport when they don’t have 24-hour monitoring? Having a backup plan is always the best bet and round-the-clock monitoring from ADT professionals can ensure the police or fire come quicker after a tripped alarm.
Monitoring professionals are there to watch your alarms no matter what time it is -- whether you are there or not. If you’re don’t hear the siren, your agent will get a hold of you and the emergency agency after a triggered component. Even if you’re still at home, you will be busy making sure kids and pets are accounted for and safe.
Get The Same Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, and Medical
When you install your security system, you have the option to get more than security alarms. devices like flood detectors, fire alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors can be integrated into your overall system. If an emergency is found, your components will respond just like your door and window alarms. And when the high-decibel siren sounds, your 24-hour monitoring agents are contacted, and a text will come to your mobile device.
You can even use a panic button, which is conveniently connected to you or a loved one through a neck pendant, wrist band, or a clothing clip. If there is a fall risk or a medical risk, they can just hit a two-finger button to notify the monitoring team.
Find Safety, Responsiveness And Energy Savings With Home Automation
Today’s home automation devices bring you a level of control and convenience you’ve never had before. They will make your home more efficient and responsive. And when you connect automation to your home security system, they will also make your home that much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lighting to make it feel that your home is full when you’re on vacation.
- Have your inside smart bulbs come on when your doorbell camera detects unusual motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to lock your doors, flip off your smart lights, and decrease the temperature when you go to work.
- Create customized scenes that can pre-set your lighting levels, temperature, alarms, and other components with one touch of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your alarms and cameras and control your components through your security app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll conserve through home automation, and you’ll see how much you will want a modern security system in Davenport. You will also be able to manage your devices with your voice when you link your security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your Property With Wireless Video Surveillance
Yard signs and outside lights are wonderful intrusion disincentives, but smart cameras will take your defense to another level. The last thing a burglar is looking for is to be seen on camera as the footage might be used against them in a criminal case. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you want to check out the sound you heard in the back yard? Would you like to greet the kids after school? Has your package been delivered yet? All you have to do is to get the clip from your ADT Control app. You may also allow notifications on your phone whenever a guest comes on your porch or your cameras sees unusual motion. Then talk with visitors with the 2-way talk feature on the app.
How To Find Your Home Security System In Davenport?
Are you looking for help in customizing a security system that works in Davenport? Our home security agents will custom-build the most useful alarms, home automation, and security cameras that can be used into one affordable package. Contact us right now at (563) 231-4633 or fill out the form below.