Modern home security installations are getting more advanced by the day. Even so, you may still forget to complete basic security chores like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to concern yourself with these tasks ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Davenport, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Davenport For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border a set distance from your house, which you are able to customize within your cell phone app. This convenient tool then uses your mobile device to see when you go past the boundary and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices take advantage of to share information with one another. This technological advancement assists your home security by putting all devices onto a single network. You can set up a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and assign what actions you want to take place as you cross the specified border.
To illustrate, when you exit your premises, you may program your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Below are a handful of the devices you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Davenport. With the security app, you are able to make the most of automation. Just tap a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's time for bed, or disengage your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain components activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat switch on the connected fan when the CO detector trips. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your security camera senses strange movements in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in unison. Have your smart bulbs lower, the thermostat go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to arm the security system if you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Davenport
Whether you desire extra certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you want to automate your smart home technology, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our representatives today at (563) 231-4633 or send in the following form to start designing your optimal security system.