How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Davenport
Home security cameras can solely be placed as a deterrent—a display that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are outfitted with an array of features all built to provide comprehensive protection for your family. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these additions enable you to get the most from video surveillance in Davenport.
How To Set Up Your Davenport Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your video surveillance in the optimal spots around your living space is the best place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in common areas such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart move to have a camera near main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to enter through to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras should offer you a clear sightline of your patio, drive, and patio, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. Then get a view of your front door via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places around your house that are less vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity can hinder your privacy. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Video Surveillance
Camera location is only the first step in getting the utmost out of home security cameras in Davenport. The innovations listed below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant messages on your phone whenever abnormal movement is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin filming when activity is detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your security cameras to film and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Nearly all of today’s security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone through the unit. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside the building or greet your kids as they come home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, allows for a more complete view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° wide angle lens or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will produce clips of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to secure single spots within your living space.. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera feeds, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Davenport is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security system can go from simply a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (563) 231-4633 or submit the form below to begin personalizing your security system today.