What Causes House Fires In Davenport And Methods To Avert Them
When you’re a homeowner, one of the scariest dangers to your house and family members is the risk of fire. The U.S. Fire Administration calculated in 2019 that American homeowners underwent approximately $1.6 billion in costs as the result of accidental or careless fires. The terrible truth is fires are unexpected and are often stoppable -- with a little knowledge of where to act. And hopefully you have a monitored fire alarm that sends you aid immediately should you experience an incident.
What Causes House Fires In Davenport?
Fires may start anywhere at any time on the premises. However, you can lessen the danger of a house fire if you take precautions around the following items:
- Stoves and Ovens: Cooking is the leading cause, by a huge margin, of a house fire in Davenport. Cooking-related blazes most often result when the kitchen goes unattended while cooking food. Water thrown on a grease fire will spread a flame that would otherwise be easily handled.
- Candles: Passing out in a room with a going candle is risky, even when you use a deep candle holder. The flame can blow and catch a curtain on fire if left near a window, and animals can knock candles over. The National Fire Protection Association approximates that more than 7,600 properties were damaged because of candle-related fires between 2014-2018.
- Electrical wires: Faulty electrical circuit interrupters, “tamper-resistant” electrical outlets, malfunctioning or improperly installed lighting, and split lamp cords are all prone to sparks. Don't overwhelm your outlets or plug anything in with uncovered wiring. If for any reason you hear a pop or smell smoke from the outlet, turn the breaker off ahead of investigating.
- Space Heaters: Avoid coiled space heaters because junk, like pet fur, paper, or bed sheets can accidentally make contact and alight. However, you need to make sure to monitor fan and ceramic space heaters for the entire duration of usage.
- Cigarettes: Solely in 2014, U.S. fire departments responded to more than 17,000 residence fires caused by cigarettes, cigars, and pipes. If you enjoy tobacco who partakes inside, be certain they never pass out with a cigarette or lay in bed with one. And fully extinguish your paraphernalia before you throw it into a waste bin.
A Monitored Smoke Detector Does Brings Help Quickly When It Senses A Fire
If a fire should break out, you definitely want to have a speedy warning system to alert your spouse and children before it gets serious. An ordinary smoke alarm might be sufficient but is only able to alert you if smoke is abundant. An advanced fire alarm -- a security device that's pair with your home security network -- can discover both smoke and excess heat and can do more to ensure everyone is safe.
A monitored fire alarm has several it can warn you of smoke. Your alarms can alert your family with a high-decibel tone and a message to your mobile device. All the while, your always-on monitoring experts will contact the fire department. And if you find yourself somewhere where you aren’t able to race you your house when a fire blazes, you can be reassured that your monitoring agent can help coordinate contact between you and the fire department.
Get Your Monitored Fire Alarms From Secure24 Alarm Systems
The odds of house fires in Davenport should never be discounted, but you can have peace of mind if you install a monitored fire alarm on the premises. Contact Secure24 Alarm Systems, and we’ll help you get all the safety alarms you need with a comprehensive home security system. Call (563) 231-4633 or fill out the form below to begin.